The process of renewing an existing import permit is straightforward if the original application was made through the e-permits system. If you wish to renew a permit obtained with the old, paper Form 2000, the process will be essentially the same as applying for a new permit.
Here’s how to fill out the forms:
1. Go to Permits Log In page.
2. On eAuthentication page, type in your User ID and Password. If you have not yet registered, see Registering to use the Biotechnology Regulatory Services e-permit system.
3. On “Welcome to ePermits” page, click “Create Application”.
4. On “Choose Program Offices”, choose “Biotechnology Regulatory Services” and click “Continue”.
5. On “Choose Application types for BRS” page, choose “BRS Permit” and click “Continue”.
6. Read “Welcome to BRS Permit” page and click “Continue”.
7. Read “Select Agent Confirmation” page. Select agents are toxins which pose a special bioterrorism threat. Very few Drosophila transgenic constructs contain select agent DNA sequences and most researchers will choose “No. This is NOT an application to move or import select agents…..” and then click “Continue”.
On the "Submission Method" page, select "Web entry form" and click "Continue".
On the “Application Ownership” page, most investigators will choose “Yes. I will sign the application, and I am responsible for regulatory compliance related to this BRS Permit” and then click “Continue”.
10. On the “Select New, Amendment, or Renewal” page, select “Renewal” and click “Continue”.
11. On the “Select or Enter Previous Permit Number to Amend or Renew” page, you have two options depending on the method you used to apply for an existing permit: